lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From nischal reddy <nischal.srini...@gmail.com>
Subject Making lucene indexing multi threaded
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 14:13:20 GMT
Hi,

I am thinking to make my lucene indexing multi threaded, can someone throw
some light on the best approach to be followed for achieving this.

I will give short gist about what i am trying to do, please suggest me the
best way to tackle this.

What am i trying to do?

I am building an index for files (around 30000 files), and later will use
this index to search the contents of the files. The usual sequential
approach works fine but is taking humungous amount of time (around 30
minutes is this the expected time or am i screwing up things somewhere?).

What am i thinking to do?

So to improve the performance i am thinking to make my application
multithreaded

Need suggestions :)

Please suggest me best ways to do this and normally how long does lucene
take to index 30k files?

Please suggest me some links of examples (or probably best practices for
multithreading lucene) for making my application more robust.

TIA,
Nischal Y