lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple field instances and Field.Store.NO
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 10:47:20 GMT
Not exactly dumb, and I can't tell you exactly what is happening here,
but lucene stores some info at the index level rather than the field
level, and things can get confusing if you don't use the same Field
definition consistently for a field.

>From the javadocs for org.apache.lucene.document.Field:

NOTE: the field type is an IndexableFieldType. Making changes to the
state of the IndexableFieldType will impact any Field it is used in.
It is strongly recommended that no changes be made after Field
instantiation.

--
Ian.