lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Miranda <david.b.mira...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene Text Similarity
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 17:33:03 GMT
Is there any way to check the similarity of texts with Lucene?

I have the DBpedia indexed and wanted to get the texts more similar
between the abstract and DBpedia another text. If I do a search in the
abstract field, with a particular text the result is not very
satisfactory. Eg

Abstract DBpedia: "SoundCloud is an online audio distribution platform
Which Allows collaboration, promotion and distribution of audio
recordings."

My Text: "Private Track From DJ Sneak. Download the track now in the
SoundCloud website."

If I do a search as follows:

Query q = new QueryParser (Version.LUCENE_43, "abstract", analyzer).
Parse (mytext);

Search field abstract the "mytext", not me no results are returned.

What can I do to implement this feature?

Thanks in advance,
David