lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Basic understanding and difference between getSuggestion and loopup method of InfixSuggester.
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 11:10:10 GMT
AnalyzingInfixSuggester will match based on tokens or prefix of
tokens.  So query "oz" will match "wizard of oz" and also "who is ozzy
osbourne".

The other suggesters are strictly prefix match, so "oz" can only match
when the suggestion starts with oz, e.g. "ozzy osbourne".  But
FuzzySuggester allows for up to 2 edits (typos) in that prefix
matching.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com