lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Multiple field instances and Field.Store.NO
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 12:03:15 GMT
On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 6:27 AM, Alan Burlison <alan.burlison@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16/09/2013 19:04, Alan Burlison wrote:
>
>>> Is Luke showing you stored fields?  If so, this makes no sense ...
>>> Field.Store.NO (single or multiple calls) should have resulted in no
>>> stored fields.
>>

>> It shows the field but shows the content as <not present or not stored>
>

> I think perhaps what I'm seeing is an artefact of how Luke shows fields?
> From looking at other records, even if they don't ever populate a specific
> field, Luke still shows it in the list of fields for the record. That's
> kinda confusing...

I haven't fired up Luke for a while, but it is really useful in general )

But, this does sound confusing.  It could be it's telling you all
fields that are present in this segment, regardless of whether that
one document you're looking at has the field ...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com