lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Darren Hoffman <dar...@jnamics.com>
Subject Smart Chinese Analyzer Performance
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 19:41:37 GMT
I am using the SmartChineseAnalyzer in v3.6 but accessing or instantiating
it for the first time takes 10 to 15 seconds before it does anything. I do
not see this huge delay with StandardAnalyzer.

Is it loading a cache? Is there someway to speed it up?

I am currently using Lucene 3.6 and am trying to upgrade to 4.4 but IntelliJ
does not currently support SPI services.

Does 4.4 offer substantial performance improvements that I should take the
time to upgrade and work around the IntelliJ shortfall?

Thanks,
Darren