lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mirko Sertic" <mirko.ser...@web.de>
Subject Strange performance of Lucene 4.4.0
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2013 14:59:17 GMT
Hi@all

I am getting strange performance measures on Lucene 4.4.0, maybe someone can explain this:

The following syntax leads to pretty slow queries on my machine(16ms for every execution):

theSearcher.search(theQuery, null, theSearcher.getIndexReader().maxDoc());

but the following syntax leads to an average execution time of 2ms:

theSearcher.search(theQuery, null, theSearcher.getIndexReader().maxDoc(), new Sort());

Just by providing an empty Sort() instance, which does not sort at all! The executed query
is a simple TermQuery, the index contains about 2'000'000 documents. This is quite strange..

Thanks in advance

Mirko