lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Desidero <desid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handling abrupt shutdown while indexing
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 13:30:36 GMT
I've never had to do that, but a quick Google search brought this up:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9935177/how-to-repair-corrupted-lucene-index

Another (possibly better and definitely safer) solution would be to log
your updates in a way that would allow you to reprocess them in sequence.
It's not a great idea to risk losing data in the event of a
catastrophic/abrupt system failure.