lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <ben...@basistech.com>
Subject Why is there a token filter factory abstraction but not a tokenizer factory abstraction in Lucene?
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 11:39:06 GMT
I'm working on tool that wants to construct analyzers 'at arms length' -- a
bit like from a solr schema -- so that multiple dueling analyzers could be
in their own class loaders at one time. I want to just define a simple
configuration for char filters, tokenizer, and token filter. So it would
be, well, convenient if there were a tokenizer factory at the lucene level
as there is a token filter factory. I can use Solr easily enough for now,
but I'd consider it cleaner if I could define this entirely at the Lucene
level.