lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christian Moen ...@atilika.com>
Subject Re: Where is the source for the .dat files in Kuromoji?
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 23:27:59 GMT
Hello Benson,

The sources for the .dat files are available from

	https://mecab.googlecode.com/files/mecab-ipadic-2.7.0-20070801.tar.gz
	http://atilika.com/releases/mecab-ipadic/mecab-ipadic-2.7.0-20070801.tar.gz

and a range of other places.

I’m not sure I follow what you’re saying regarding unk.def -- it’s to my knowledge used
as-is from the above sources when the binary .dat files are made.  (See lucene/analysis/kuromoji/src/tools
in the Lucene code tree.)

Perhaps I’m missing something.  Could you clarify how you think things should be done?

Many thanks,

Christian Moen
アティリカ株式会社
http://www.atilika.com

On Dec 3, 2013, at 2:11 AM, Benson Margulies <benson@basistech.com> wrote:

> There are a handful of binary files in ./src/resources/org/apache/lucene/analysis/ja/dict/
with filenames ending in .dat.

> Trailing around in the source, it seems as if at least one of these derives from a source
file named "unk.def".  In turn, this file comes from a dependency. should the build generate
the file rather than having it in the tree and shipped as part of the source release?