lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Torben Greulich <torben.greul...@s24.com>
Subject Lucene42DocValuesProducer used in 4.5 and 4.6
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 15:49:02 GMT
Hi,
we had a OOM error in solr and were confused about one part of the
stackTrace where Lucene42DocValuesProducer.ramBytesUsed is called, because
we are using solr in version 4.6 and Lucene45DocValuesProducer already
exists.
After some research we discovered that Lucene42NormsFormat is used as
normsFormat in Lucene45Codec and Lucene46Codec.
We are not sure if this is correct, because in
Lucene42NormsFormat.normsProducer(...)
the Lucene42DocValuesProducer will be returned.

Is this the correct behavior or should there be a Lucene45NormsFormat with
Lucene45DocValuesProducer as normProducer?

Best Regards
Torben

stackTrace:

SolrException|null:java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

        at
org.apache.lucene.util.RamUsageEstimator$IdentityHashSet.allocateBuffers(RamUsageEstimator.java:762)

        at
org.apache.lucene.util.RamUsageEstimator$IdentityHashSet.expandAndRehash(RamUsageEstimator.java:736)

        at
org.apache.lucene.util.RamUsageEstimator$IdentityHashSet.add(RamUsageEstimator.java:678)

        at
org.apache.lucene.util.RamUsageEstimator.measureObjectSize(RamUsageEstimator.java:437)

        at
org.apache.lucene.util.RamUsageEstimator.sizeOf(RamUsageEstimator.java:350)

        at
org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene42.Lucene42DocValuesProducer.ramBytesUsed(Lucene42DocValuesProducer.java:194)

        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentCoreReaders.ramBytesUsed(SegmentCoreReaders.java:195)

        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.ramBytesUsed(SegmentReader.java:558)

        at
org.apache.solr.handler.admin.LukeRequestHandler.getIndexHeapUsed(LukeRequestHandler.java:579)

--
Torben Greulich · Entwickler
Backend Development

Wandsbeker Straße 3-7 · 22172 Hamburg
Telefon: +49 (0) 40 6461 xxxx · Fax: +49 (0) 40 6461 7879
torben.greulich@s24.com · www.s24.com
AG Hamburg HRB 63371
vertreten durch Dr. Björn Schäfers und Martin Mildner