lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Buso <nb...@ebi.ac.uk>
Subject Re: MultiReader docid reliability
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 09:39:06 GMT
Hi Alan,

thanks a lot for the reply.

For what I understood from your reply if the index is not changing (no
adds, deletes even updates) the docs id viewed by the MultiReader will
not change if you open more times that unchanged index also in different
environments.

If this is true (my understanding) the word "ephemeral" in the API could
be elaborated a bit more.

nicola

Nicola Buso <nbuso@ebi.ac.uk>
EMBL-EBI