lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jamie <ja...@mailarchiva.com>
Subject writer.updateDocument() not working (possible bug?)
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 13:24:12 GMT
Greetings

I am using Lucene NRT search. After calling writer.updateDocument(term,
doc) and then search(), the document is no longer visible in the search
results. The program must be restarted to see it again. In addition, the
update is not being applied. The original document (before the update)
is visible in the search results. If updateDocument(term,doc) is called,
passing the original doc (without any changes), the doc is still removed
from the index (i.e. the change is not the cause). On each search I am
calling indexReader = DirectoryReader.open(writer, true); We have tried
to call commit() and/or close() immediately after the update, but it
makes no difference.

This occurs both in Lucene 4.7.2 and 4.8. As far as we know, our code
used to work with prior versions of Lucene. Has anyone encountered this?

Regards

Jamie