lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: 答复:答复:mmap confusion in lucene
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 09:29:03 GMT
Yes, the JVM is removing the get() call, because it knows that it has no side-effect: the position()
pointer is not used afterwards and the result of the get() call is also not used. It is partly
mapped because the optimization only starts to kick in after 10,000 method calls (the default
threshold in the JVM).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler