lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ryan <mr...@moreover.com>
Subject RE: Finding words not followed by other words
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 01:57:47 GMT
Thanks, Koji! This solves it. I had forgotten all about SpanNotQuery.

-Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Koji Sekiguchi [mailto:koji@r.email.ne.jp]
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2014 10:45 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Finding words not followed by other words

Hi Michael,

I haven't executed this yet, but can you try this:

SpanNotQuery(SpanNearQuery("George Washington"), SpanNearQuery("George Washington Carver"))

Koji
--
http://soleami.com/blog/comparing-document-classification-functions-of-lucene-and-mahout.html

(2014/07/11 23:20), Michael Ryan wrote:
> I'm trying to solve the following problem...
>
> I have 3 documents that contain the following contents:
> 1: "George Washington Carver blah blah blah."
> 2: "George Washington blah blah blah."
> 3: "George Washington Carver blah blah blah. George Washington blah blah blah."
>
> I want to create a query that matches documents 2 and 3, but not 1. That is, I want to
find documents that mention "George Washington". It's okay if they also mention "George Washington
Carver", but I don't want documents that only mention "George Washington Carver". So simply
doing something like this does not solve it:
> "George Washington" NOT "George Washington Carver"
>
> Is there a Query type that does this out of the box? I've looked at the various types
of span queries, but none of them seem to do this. I think it should be theoretically possible
given the position data that Lucene stores...