lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sandeep Khanzode <sandeep_khanz...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Incremental Field Updates
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 12:32:11 GMT
Hi,

I wanted to know of the best approach to follow if a few fields in my indexed documents are
changing at run time (after index and before or during search), but a majority of them are
created at index time.

I could see the JIRA given below but it is scheduled for Lucene 4.9, I believe.

There are a few other approaches, like maintaining a separate index for changing fields and
use either a parallelreader or use a Join.

Can everyone share their experience for this scenario on how it is handled in your systems?
Thanks,

[LUCENE-4258] Incremental Field Updates through Stacked Segments - ASF JIRA

 [LUCENE-4258] Incremental Field Updates through Stacked Segments - ASF JIRA
Shai and I would like to start working on the proposal to Incremental Field Updates outlined
here (http://markmail.org/message/zhrdxxpfk6qvdaex).
View on issues.apache.org Preview by Yahoo

Thanks n Regards,
Sandeep Ramesh Khanzode