lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From cenolage <y...@berkeley.edu>
Subject Different Scores For Same Query on Identical Index
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 18:08:05 GMT
Hi everyone,

I created an index with three documents, ran a query, and noted the scores.
Then I deleted one of the documents using IndexWriter.tryDeleteDocument, and
then re-added the exact same document. (I saved the Document in an instance
variable, so I couldn't have accidentally changed any of the fields.) After
rerunning the query, I am getting back the same documents, but with
different scores. Anyone know what's happening? I can post my code if anyone
is interested. Thanks!