lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jamie <ja...@mailarchiva.com>
Subject Re: lucene 4.0.0 range query broken?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 10:33:13 GMT
Uwe

Thank you.

I think your earlier hint regarding precision steps solved it.  I
noticed that new Long was created with a precision step of 4, but my
range query was creating  precision step of 8.

return NumericRangeQuery.newLongRange(field.getIndexField(), 8,
Long.parseLong(query.getLowerTerm().utf8ToString()),
Long.parseLong(query.getUpperTerm().utf8ToString()),
                     query.includesLower(), query.includesUpper());

public LongField(String  <http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/String.html?is-external=true>
 name,
          long value,
          Field.Store  <http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0/core/org/apache/lucene/document/Field.Store.html>
 stored)

Creates a stored or un-stored LongField with the provided value and
default|precisionStep||NumericUtils.PRECISION_STEP_DEFAULT|
<http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0/core/org/apache/lucene/util/NumericUtils.html#PRECISION_STEP_DEFAULT>(4).

Regards

Jamie

On 2014/07/16, 12:24 PM, Uwe Schindler wrote:
> Sorry I cannot give you any hints, except that handling of Filters and Queries and per-segment
search changed dramatically in Lucene 4 (see migration guide). Maybe you have another general
issue in your code.