lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Warm up IndexReader
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 16:02:46 GMT
There's no magic to it - just build a query or six and fire them at
your newly opened reader.  If you want to put the effort in you could
track recent queries and use them, or make sure you warm up searches
on particular fields.  Likewise, if you use Lucene's sorting and/or
filters, it might be worth adding them in to the mix as well.

Start simple and stop when you've found something good enough.

--
Ian.

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 5:16 PM, Jason.H <469673467@qq.com> wrote:
> I found my first search on new created IndexReader is slow , but after i made a search
, it will be much faster
> i'd like to do such "warn up" in the back end of my application rather then wait for
the user to warm this up because it's a little bit unfriendly design .
>     I  know a warmer would do the intial warm up , but i don't know the exact way to
implement this . i googled this , but i can't find any solution .