lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Pawel Rog <pawelro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query rewriting - caching rewritten quries
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 06:06:14 GMT
Hi again,

I see I missed very important thing in your response. I thought I cannot
reuse rewritten queries in different types of IndexReader but you wrote I
cannot use rewritten queries even in another instance of IndexReader: "not
even if it's a reopened reader against the same index".

I thought that I will be able to reuse the same instance of rewritten query
in all MemoryIndex instances but now I see it is not possible. MemoryIndex
creates new MemoryIndexReader in each createSearcher call.

--
Paweł