lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incremental Field Updates
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 14:51:10 GMT
This JIRA is "complicated", don't really expect it in 4.9 as it's
been hanging around for quite a while. Everyone would like this,
but it's not easy.

Atomic updates will work, but you have to stored="true" for all
source fields. Under the covers this actually reads the document
out of the stored fields, deletes the old one and adds it
over again.

FWIW,
Erick

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 5:32 AM, Sandeep Khanzode
<sandeep_khanzode@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to know of the best approach to follow if a few fields in my indexed documents
are changing at run time (after index and before or during search), but a majority of them
are created at index time.

> I could see the JIRA given below but it is scheduled for Lucene 4.9, I believe.
>
> There are a few other approaches, like maintaining a separate index for changing fields
and use either a parallelreader or use a Join.

> Can everyone share their experience for this scenario on how it is handled in your systems?
Thanks,

here (http://markmail.org/message/zhrdxxpfk6qvdaex).