lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Allen Kneser <allen.kne...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding/removing a term from a document
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 18:03:36 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to easily remove or add a keyword from a
document's index (or equivalently, decrease/increase that keyword's
frequency in the document).

I know Lucene allows you to reindex a document using the
IndexWriter.updateDocument(docPath, doc) call but that's too expensive for
my purposes. I already know the removed & added keywords from a previous
pass through the document and I would like to avoid Lucene doing another
pass.

I am looking for a IndexWriter.adjustTermFreqInDoc("keyword", doc,
deltafreq) which will either change the frequency of "keyword" in 'doc' by
'deltafreq'. This could result in either adding or removing a keyword from
the document in the index.

Is there a way to do this? At first I thought adding term vectors to the
index could help with this but it seems like that will dramatically
increase the index size.

Cheers,
Alin