lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From parth_n <nagar...@asu.edu>
Subject Lucene Spatial Question: Is a tree structure explicitly created in the QuadPrefixTree implementation?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 06:17:38 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the quadtree implementation of the spatial
module of Lucene. Does the quadtree implementation (QuadPrefixTree)
explicitly build a tree structure and store this information? I have gone
over the QuadPrefixTree class, but from what I understand it mainly uses the
spatial prefix partitioning strategy of the MX-quadtree (but not the
internal nodes).
Are the internal nodes (e.g. for a 4-level tree prefix ABDA, are the spatial
regions of ABD and/or AB) of the quadtree used during query processing?

Any replies are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Parth