lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "haiwei.xie-soulinfo" <haiwei....@soulinfo.com>
Subject Re: Search "_all" field with a term
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2014 09:31:56 GMT
Hi,

     Thanks for your advise, SimpleQueryParser api is not enough in my case.
Actually, I want to index data from database, there are so many fields, I have
tested "_all" parameter in ElasticSearch system, but the result of '_all'
and 'fieldname' are different for chinese term.

      'Internally this is  indexing every field a second time into the "_all" field.'
This sentence mean second indexing has total different analyzer and indexing compared
with my first indexing?  So I need rewrite the second process to fix my problem?

Thanks.

Haiwei

> Hi,
>
> by default there is no "_all" field. E.g., Elasticsearch adds this special field depending
on your index mapping at the time of indexing the data. Internally this is  indexing every
field a second time into the "_all" field.

> With Lucene you have to do this on yourself. An alternative would be to use another query
parser (like the SimpleQueryParser, see http://goo.gl/4blGsp) that allows to expand the query
to search on multiple fields with different weight factors.

> Uwe
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen