lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Buddhavarapu, Suresh" <suresh.buddhavar...@emc.com>
Subject Effectiveness MMapDirectory on NFS Mounted indexes
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 06:00:25 GMT
Hi,
I'm using Lucene 2.9.3 on a 64 bit machine. Many a times we are observing that the systems
gets into to thrashing mode during merges.
We are experimenting with using MMapDirectory. Our index is stored on NFS/CIFS mounted file
shares.
My question, is this MMapDirectory useful in such scenarios, I mean  for indexes on a network
file share? Any experiences or thoughts on this?

I cannot really migrate to latest lucene as of now.

Thanks,
Suresh