lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Lucene Boolean Query Minimization
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 15:24:10 GMT
Hi,

You don't give an example of the type of Boolean query you want to "minimize". I have no idea
"how" it could be optimized without that information. If a Boolean query contains only one
clause, it is rewritten automatically to be the query of its single clause (with boosts multiplied).
But if you have many Boolean clauses, how could those be optimized? If you have multiple term
queries as clauses with identical terms, one could optimize that by merging those clauses
and add their boosts, but this is not done automatically.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen