lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: re-mapping lucene index
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 19:29:11 GMT
It's fine if writer and reader are in separate JVMs.

You really should not "rm -rf" yourself.

It's better to let Lucene's do it, e.g. it's transactional at that
point so that if your new IndexWriter (that deleted all docs) crashes
before it could commit, the old index is still intact.  It also
ensures file names won't be reused, which is important on windows if
you still have readers open on the index.

Regardless of which approach you use, the old mappings will remain
"alive" until you've closed all open readers agains the old index.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com