lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jon Stewart <...@lightboxtechnologies.com>
Subject Re: StandardQueryParser with date/time fields stored as longs
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 14:20:21 GMT
Eek. So is there a parsing component somewhere that gets handed a
field name and query components (e.g., "created", "2010-01-01",
"2014-12-31"), which I can derive from, parse the timestamp strings,
and then turn the whole thing into a numeric range query component?

Jon

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 9:10 AM, Ian Lea <ian.lea@gmail.com> wrote:
> To the best of my knowledge you are spot on with everything you say,
> except that the component to parse the strings doesn't exist.  I
> suspect that a contribution to add that to StandardQueryParser might
> well be accepted.
>

> --
> Ian.
>

> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 4:21 AM, Jon Stewart
> <jon@lightboxtechnologies.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've done a lot of googling, but haven't stumbled upon the magic
>> answer: how does one use StandardQueryParser with numeric fields
>> representing timestamps, to allow for range queries?
>>
>> When indexing, my timestamp fields are ISO 8601 strings. I'm parsing
>> them and then storing the milliseconds epoch time as a long, i.e.:
>>
>>   doc.add(new LongField("created", ts.getMillis(), Field.Store.NO));
>>
>> From reading around, this seems to be the preferred method to index a
>> timestamp (makes sense). However, how can you get StandardQueryParser
>> to handle a query like "created:[2010-01-01 TO 2014-12-31]"?
>>
>> For other numeric fields, StandardQueryParser.setNumericConfigMap() is
>> working just fine for me. It would seem that the "created" field would
>> have to be part of this map in order to execute the range query
>> properly, but that there must also be a component to parse the
>> date/time strings in the query and convert them to long values, right?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Jon

Jon Stewart, Principal
(646) 719-0317 | jon@lightboxtechnologies.com | Arlington, VA