lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rob Audenaerde <rob.audenae...@gmail.com>
Subject disabling all scoring?
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 07:15:56 GMT
Hi all,

I'm doing some analytics with a custom Collector on a fairly large number
of searchresults (+-100.000, all the hits that return from a query). I need
to retrieve them by a query (so using search), but I don't need any scoring
nor keeping the documents in any order.

When profiling the application, I saw that for my tests, my entire search
takes about 2.4 seconds, and BulkScorer takes 0.4 seconds. So I figured
that without scoring, I would be able to chop off 0.4 seconds (+- 17% speed
increase). That seems reasonable.

What would be the best approach to disable all the 'search-goodies' and
just pass the results as fast as possible into my Collector?

Thanks for your insights.

-Rob