lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ryan <rasmith9...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject problem searching for one word plus one letter
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2015 03:37:42 GMT
Hi all,
I'm new to Lucene and having a problem with a particular search query.  I'm using Lucene
4.10.3 with the StandardAnalyzer and the AnalyzingInfixSuggester.
I've got a list of names that I'm searching to perform a typeahead.
When I'm searching for "James", "Jo", or "James Jo" it works as I expect, returning results
containing those terms.When I'm searching for "James J", it returns a list as if I was searching
for "James".  It seems like the single letter is being dropped out.
Why does it do this, and is there a way to force it to not drop the single letter?

  --Ryan