lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Rainer <Rainer.Si...@ait.ac.at>
Subject Lucene Spatial: sorg by best fit
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 17:49:02 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to implement sorting by 'best fit' in Lucene spatial. I.e. I want to query my index
for documents that intersect a query rectangle, and get my results sorted by the amount overlap
between the query rectangle and the document shape. I was wondering whether this is a use
case that has been solved before, but couldn't find anything obvious when googling for it.

I guess I can solve this with a custom FieldComparator? Any hints, pointers to prior work,
recommended practices, etc. greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Rainer