lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lisa Ziri <lisaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Changing analyzer in an indexwriter
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2015 10:35:24 GMT
Hi,
I'm upgrading to lucene 5.1.0 from lucene 4.
In our index we have documents in different languages which are analyzed
with the correct analyzer.
We used the method addDocument of IndexWriter giving the correct analyzer
for every different document.
Now I see that I can define the analyzer used by the IndexWriter only in
the creation and I cannot switch analyzer on the same IndexWriter.
We allow to do some searches cross languages, so we cannot separate the
documents in diferrent indexes.
Suggestions for the better way to solve this use case?
Thank you,

Lisa