lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From code fx9 <code...@gmail.com>
Subject Customizing Regexp syntax in Lucene
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2015 21:08:13 GMT
Hi,
We are using Lucene indirectly via ElasticSearch. We would like to use RE2
syntax for running regex queries against Lucene. We are already using RE2
syntax for other parts of our system, so not ability to use the same syntax
is a deal-breaker for us.

Recently Google has released a pure Java implementation of this library on
GitHub. Will it be possible to actually use RE2/J library to run regex
queries in Lucene? I understand that it might require customizing Lucene
source code. Can you give me any idea how complex and time consuming such
endeavor might be.

RE2 Syntax: https://re2.googlecode.com/hg/doc/syntax.html
RE2/J :https://github.com/google/re2j

Thanks.