lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eduardo Manrique <edua...@s1mbi0se.com.br>
Subject Re: MUST operator across grouped documents
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 18:21:51 GMT
I think it is not possible. There is another problem putting everything in one document, we
need also filter by the number of times a user accessed a url in a period of time. The doc
size would be too big. There are other informations we gather too.
Do you think it is possible to solve this with a custom query?

> On May 19, 2015, at 2:57 PM, Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Eduardo:
>
> Just noticed that we got off the user's list, so replying to the
> user's list to move the conversation back there.
>
> In the case you outlined, I don't think there's much choice except to
> index the URLs in a multiValued field. Otherwise the use-case of
> asking for a user that's visited URL1 AND URL2 doesn't really work.
> This has the downside that each time you add a URL to the sites a user
> has visited, you have to re-index the entire document.
>
> What update rate to you expect? And how hard is it to pull all the
> URLs visited by a user out?
>
> You can also use "Atomic updates" to add a URL to an existing field,
> that requires that you satisfy some special conditions, mainly that
> all the original fields must have 'stored="true" '.
>
> Best,
> Erick
>
> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 4:33 PM, Eduardo Manrique
> <eduardo@s1mbi0se.com.br> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to search using group join with AND through fields in different documents.
>> For example I might have the documents:
>>        doc1: field1=a, parentId=1
>>        doc2: field2=b, parentId=1
>>
>> What a need is to make a join using parentId and a search like:
>>        field1 = a AND field2 = b grouping by parentId
>>
>> I this case I should get the group with parentId 1.
>> I noticed that BooleanQuery with MUST will only work if field1 and field2 where in
the same document. Is it possible to do that?