lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MUST operator across grouped documents
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 17:57:17 GMT
Eduardo:

Just noticed that we got off the user's list, so replying to the
user's list to move the conversation back there.

In the case you outlined, I don't think there's much choice except to
index the URLs in a multiValued field. Otherwise the use-case of
asking for a user that's visited URL1 AND URL2 doesn't really work.
This has the downside that each time you add a URL to the sites a user
has visited, you have to re-index the entire document.

What update rate to you expect? And how hard is it to pull all the
URLs visited by a user out?

You can also use "Atomic updates" to add a URL to an existing field,
that requires that you satisfy some special conditions, mainly that
all the original fields must have 'stored="true" '.

Best,
Erick

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 4:33 PM, Eduardo Manrique
<eduardo@s1mbi0se.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to search using group join with AND through fields in different documents.
> For example I might have the documents:
>         doc1: field1=a, parentId=1
>         doc2: field2=b, parentId=1
>
> What a need is to make a join using parentId and a search like:
>         field1 = a AND field2 = b grouping by parentId
>
> I this case I should get the group with parentId 1.
> I noticed that BooleanQuery with MUST will only work if field1 and field2 where in the
same document. Is it possible to do that?