lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Strange Directory open exception
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 09:23:08 GMT
Hi,

this should be fixed in coming Lucene 5.3:

The reason for this behavior is that we need to ensure that the directory exists before we
open it. For that it calls Files.createDirectories - which requires write access. The fix
only calls createDirectories if the index does not exist.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen