lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Lucene 5.3.0 GeoPointDistanceQuery
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2015 22:40:58 GMT
Hi,

you can use the lucene-expressions module and use the distance function there as part of the
score. In general, just sorting by distance brings bad user experience, because you would
ignore the score completely. So you should just "tune" the score by taking the distance into
account, e.g. newscore = score / distance. And you can do this with expressions, the formula
can be given as Javascript function, see https://lucene.apache.org/core/5_3_0/expressions/index.html
(haversin function is giving distance on earth).

If you want to hardcode the stuff in plain java, you can also use CustomScoreQuery from the
lucene-queries module: https://lucene.apache.org/core/5_3_0/queries/org/apache/lucene/queries/CustomScoreQuery.html
You can use this query and change the score of the inner query ("subquery") and provide a
CustomScoreProvider or FunctionQuery.

For both solutions you need latitude and longitude as a DocValues field.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen