lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Buso <nb...@ebi.ac.uk>
Subject Strange Directory open exception
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 08:57:04 GMT
Hi,

we are migrating to Lucene 5 and we have a strange Exception that was
not happening in Lucene 4.
We are indexing in a pre-production environment and we move the index
in the production environment later; in the prod env the indices are
visible to our application with read-only rights. To clarify the read
-only rights are at both level of mount definition and user rights on
File System.
If we mount the partition in read-write and we keep the user that's
running our application with read-only rights the Exception is not
happening.

The exception:

java.nio.file.FileSystemException:
/nfs/public/ro/ebinocle/prod/search/sra-analysis/150810_131208/main:
Read-only file system
        at
sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:91)
        at
sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102)
        at
sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107)
        at
sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.createDirectory(UnixFileSystemProvide
r.java:383)
        at java.nio.file.Files.createDirectory(Files.java:630)
        at
java.nio.file.Files.createAndCheckIsDirectory(Files.java:734)
        at java.nio.file.Files.createDirectories(Files.java:720)
        at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.<init>(FSDirectory.java:128)
        at
org.apache.lucene.store.NIOFSDirectory.<init>(NIOFSDirectory.java:64)
        at
org.apache.lucene.store.NIOFSDirectory.<init>(NIOFSDirectory.java:74)

Is this a known behavior? do you think the java.nio framework should
behave differently?

We are on Redhat Enterprise 6: 2.6.32-504.8.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP

Nicola

--
Nicola Buso
Software Engineer - Web Production Team