lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From dr <bfore...@126.com>
Subject IO probleam in forceMerge(1)
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2015 11:49:01 GMT
Hi ,all
    Currenty i met a probleam with forceMerge(1). During forceMerging some of my machine spent
too much time(10-20 hours for a index size of 15GB). By using some command like top, iostat,
jstack. I found that the avg of cpu, and disk is too low, nearly zero.  And the size of the
the index files increased very very slowly. From jstack, i found that the application is hanging
on IO operations, like FileInputStream or DirectByteArray.  But when i did some copy operation
on the machine the speed may become normal.

    Should this issue be related with the JVM, Operating System and hardware?
    Did anybody met the same probleam, or have any idea about Java, Linux and IO.
    Some basic info about my system and application.

|  Lucece version | 4.10.3 |
| Jdk version |  jdk 1.7.0_05 |
| OS |   redhat 4.4.4 |
| cpu |      IntelX5650     |