lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Uwe Schindler <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject Re: How to use case in-sentive search
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 14:48:09 GMT
Hi,

Wildcard queries don't use the Analyzer, so they are case sensitive. Most of Lucene's query
parsers allow to lowercase although there is a wildcard, but xou have to enable this.

In most cases it is recommended to use a plain simple analyzer for fields using wildcards.
If you also have stemming this will not work correctly with wildcards.

In general, if your queries require wildcards by default then you should review your analysis!
A good configured analysis chain should allow the user to find stuff without using wildcards!!!

Uwe