lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yechiel Feffer <yechi...@gigaspaces.com>
Subject new to lucene- some questions regarding internals
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 11:20:57 GMT
Hi
1. as I understand Lucene is preparing the documents of the search result in a lazy fashion-
using the docId in the ScoreDoc.  What happens if the document "pointed" by the ScoreDoc is
deleted  meanwhile i.e. the DocId is not relevant (maybe assigned to a different  document)
?
2. when a document is added to an index- (addDocument)  I guess there is a period in which
the fields are added to the index one by one. What prevents an indexsearcher (esp' in NRT
mode) to see "half"  document , i.e is it atomic and how?
3 The way to update doc is remove the old and add the updated.  Isnt there a problem of a
"hole" between the remove & the addDocument in which no document exists , i.e is it atomic
and how?
4 is it possible to store a field in the lucene index without indexing it ? (i.e. just gettng
it back in the result docs)

Thanks,
Yechiel