lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Alexander <roba...@gmail.com>
Subject Standard highlighter returns whole document as a fragment
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 17:25:30 GMT
Hey everyone,

I ran into an issue with the standard highlighter in 4.10.4 and was hoping
that someone could help. I'm attempting to fragment a result based on a
SpanNearQuery. If the words in the query are next to each other, the
fragmenter will often return one large result containing the entire
document. If the words are farther apart, it returns fragmetns of the
expected size.

I have included an example here in a gist link. The sample creates an index
in RAM and adds a single document. If I search for "ken" within 3 of "lay",
I see the problem. If I search for "ken" within 3 of "office", the problem
goes away. If you debug with the lucene source, you'll see that it seems as
if textFragmenter.isNewFragmetn() never returns true (although I understand
that this is the user group and not the dev group so this may be of limited
use).

Are there known issues with the standard highlighter and SpanNear queries?
I am only using the old highlighter because the FVH doesn't appear to
handle SpanNear queries at all.

Thanks for the help,

Rob

Sample Gist: https://gist.github.com/robalex/97a005f4ee23c71c48f6