lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Estanislao Oubel <estanislao.ou...@gmail.com>
Subject How to index & search arrays of double?
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 08:39:52 GMT
Hello everybody,

I'm currently investigating methods for content-based image retrieval. In
this context, I would like to index documents containing arrays of doubles
and then perform an approximate search based on these arrays. For example,
I would like to insert in the index three documents (d1,d2,d3) containing a
field called feature1, a vector of doubles of dimension 3:

d1_feature1  = [0.5 1.8 2.4].
d2_feature1  = [30.1 0 9.1].
d3_feature1  = [0.6 5.8 2.0].

Now, I would like that lucene gives me d1 when I search a document
containing [0.51 1.79 2.41] (because d1 is the closest one according to a
distance L1 for example).

Is it possible to do this type of things with lucene? More specifically:
1. Does lucene support arrays of doubles as field type?
2. Is it possible to search documents based on custom distances between
these arrays?

If so, can you provide some clues about how to implement it? (fields types
and classes to use,  or an example)

Thanks!

Stan