lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nantha Kumar Subramaniam <nanthaku...@oum.edu.my>
Subject new to Lucene
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 07:37:11 GMT
Good day
I am new to Lucene and have started to explore Lucene.

I have questions:

I have a book in which all the chapters are in pdf. I  plan to index all
these individual chapters in Lucene using Tika for the text extraction.

1. For the indexing of these chapters, how many fields that need to be
declared? Can I just declare only one field for the contents?

2. Is the "Index" saved as a file or loaded into the memory?

2. Can we use multiple terms for the user query such as  "Information
Technology in Education" or we only allowed to use single term.

Thank you..

Regards,

Assoc Prof Dr Nantha Kumar Subramaniam
*Head of E-Learning*