lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: IO probleam in forceMerge(1)
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2015 14:00:27 GMT
I would first try upgrading you JVM: 1.7.0_05 is ancient.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 7:49 AM, dr <bforevdr@126.com> wrote:
> Hi ,all
>     Currenty i met a probleam with forceMerge(1). During forceMerging some of my machine
spent too much time(10-20 hours for a index size of 15GB). By using some command like top,
iostat, jstack. I found that the avg of cpu, and disk is too low, nearly zero.  And the size
of the the index files increased very very slowly. From jstack, i found that the application
is hanging on IO operations, like FileInputStream or DirectByteArray.  But when i did some
copy operation on the machine the speed may become normal.