lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From aurelien.mazo...@francelabs.com
Subject Use absolute term position for scoring
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 12:31:42 GMT
Hi all,

I want to take into account the absolute position of the term for the
score calculation.
I found many threads that deal with this issue, and the answer is often:
"use SpanFirstQuery".
The problem with this approach is that it is too "boolean" for me (the
document matches the spanfirstquery or it does not, so the boost is
either 0 or 1) and you cannot do exciting calculation with log of the
position or other funny functions.
If the position was not there, we could put it in the payload of the
term and then reuse it with a customscorer. But we already have the
position in the term, so why can't we use the same approach? Is it a
problem of interface? Or maybe it would have a huge impact on
performance?

Thank you for your advice,

Regards,

Aurelien