lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Lucene 5.2.1: FSDirectory, is it possible to open existing output for append?
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 07:47:18 GMT
Hi,

Lucene never appends to files, so this is not something that is not used anywhere. Whenever
Lucene updates something in the index, it creates a new file. In earlier Lucene version there
was seeking supported, but this is removed since Lucene 4.7 (I think). This was just a hack
around some problems (requirement to modify header after writing file), but this is now solved,
so seek() was removed completely. And it won't come back.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen