lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Joel Bernstein <joels...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question related to reranking and RankQuery
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2015 12:04:33 GMT
The ReRankQuery re-ranks the Top N documents of the main query based on a
query. Rather then the CustomScoreQuery you may want to look at ReRanking
by a Function Query using the FunctionQParserPlugin. This would allow you
to directly control the ReRankScore for the top N documents.

Writing your own RankQuery should be the last resort if you can't make a
Function Query do what you need to do.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/