lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <Ankit.Mura...@ril.com>
Subject Problem with Analyzing Infix Suggester for Multiple Indexes.
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 05:00:18 GMT
Dear Team,

I am on Lucene 5.4.0.  We are trying to build Suggestions based on the already Indexed Data.
(Say I have indexed field "Content") and the indexes are available on the file server.

Now, in order to use the suggestion feature, I am using AnalyzingInfixSuggester to first build
the suggest indexes. For this, I have specified the field name as "Content" and provided another
directory wherein the suggest indexes will be generated.

My problem starts from here:

a.       The already indexed data contains two fields ("Content" and "Place"). I want to build
suggest indexes on both the fields and in the same directory.

b.      Having build the suggest indexes, I wish to add more suggest indexes on 3rd field
or the existing 3 fields itself (Everytime I try to do this, it removes the old indexes.

c.       No matter what I do, I am not able to understand how can I keep on updating the suggest
indexes with new data for 2 fields described above and additionally add new field itself to
the suggester.

d.      While fetching the suggestions, I am anyhow not specifying any field. Is there a way
to prepare suggest indexes field by field. (i.e. for field "Content", I have separate suggest
indexes , for field "Place" I have separate suggest indexes, but all of them inside the same
directory. And a way to specify to get suggestions from a specific field.)

Code Snippet for Building Suggest Indexes:

java.nio.file.Path path = FileSystems.getDefault().getPath("D:\\", "indexRawData");
FSDirectory phraseIndexdir = FSDirectory.open(path);
String fieldContent="Content";
Analyzer analyzerNormal = new StandardAnalyzer();
java.nio.file.Path path2 = FileSystems.getDefault().getPath(indexPath, "Search");
FSDirectory dir2 = FSDirectory.open(path2);
aInfixSuggester=new AnalyzingInfixSuggester(dir2,analyzerNormal);
IndexReader indexReader= DirectoryReader.open(phraseIndexdir);
aInfixSuggester.build(new LuceneDictionary(indexReader, fieldContent));

Closing all open resources

While searching, I specify the Search directory path as mentioned in path2 above, and get
the suggestions by firing the lookup.

Would appreciate some guidance in this regard.

Regards,
Ankit

"Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of
the intended recipient(s).
are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient. you are hereby
notified that any
review. re-transmission. conversion to hard copy. copying. circulation or other use of this
message and any attachments is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient. please notify the sender immediately
by return email.
and delete this message and any attachments from your system.

Virus Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses
are present in this email.
The company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this
email or attachment."