lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alan Woodward <a...@flax.co.uk>
Subject Re: Storing numeric fields in Apache 6
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2016 12:23:54 GMT
You should add a StoredField with the same name containing the value:

doc.add(new DoublePoint(name, Double.parseDouble(value));
doc.add(new StoredField(name, Double.parseDouble(value));

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

On 28 Apr 2016, at 13:10, j.Pardos wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I need to index some numeric fields, search with numeric range queries, and store the
data to retrieve it afterwards.
> If I understand correctly, the recommended way to do this in Lucene 6 is with the DoublePoint/LongPoint/XxxPoint
field types. I have already implemented this, extending QueryParser for the numeric range
queries, but I can't find a way to store the data.

> For example, for double values, I'm doing:
> doc.add(new DoublePoint(name, Double.parseDouble(value)));
>
> DoublePoint doesn't have a "stored" argument in its constructor (as does, for example,
StringField), or a property to specify it afterwards.